Growing and diversifying Hawai‘i’s economy to give every family a real shot at thriving – not just surviving.
Hawai‘i is one of the most expensive places in the nation to raise a family. You can count on Doug to create more opportunities for Hawai‘i families to take home a bigger paycheck because he believes that no one who works 40 hours a week should live in poverty. In Washington, Doug will:
- Attract more investment and fight for federal funds to invest in the businesses and industries of the future and boost those already powering Hawai‘i's economy.
- Build Hawai‘i's workforce of the future. That means supporting our public schools and universities and preparing our students with more training and skills.
- Increase our investment in sustainable sources of energy and boost funding for research and development of new technologies to store and deploy it.
- Modernize and rebuild our crumbling roads, bridges, and ports, and invest in the broadband infrastructure Hawai‘i businesses need to thrive in our 21st-century economy.
- Boost federal funding to help us build more affordable homes, support low-income and transitional housing programs, and end homelessness across Hawai‘i.
- Supporting workforce development programs to train (and re-train) the employees who will power Hawai‘i's economy now and into the future.
Supporting Small Businesses
You can count on Doug Chin to support Hawai‘i small businesses because he knows that is the best way to diversify and grow our economy, create good-paying jobs, and boost wages for working families. As your Representative, he will support:
- Breaking down barriers for small businesses to grow and thrive, whether it is promoting access to capital and credit, cutting red tape, or expanding tax credits to incentivize profit-sharing with employees.
- Leveling the playing field for Native Hawaiian small businesses to give them a fair chance to succeed.
- Promoting access to new markets and expanding opportunities to do business with the federal government.
- Protecting the subsidies and crucial tax benefits that help small businesses grow, hire and thrive.